Because of how frequently Netflix cancels shows, my opinion of the service has already changed. I use it in this manner to prevent disappointment.

The demise of shared accounts as we previously knew them has been the big Netflix story in recent months. It is a recent decision that directly impacts the pocket, and as a result, it sparks more debate than any other policy.

Even though they are generally successful, the number of series that are abruptly cancelled is still significant for the service. It is not a problem with audiences, but rather with viewers who finish the series, according to our colleagues from Xataka. ".

At home, the cancellation of a show we enjoyed has caused us to suffer in the past; "Mindhunter" serves as the perfect example. Massive costs that are placed before a product of exceptional quality are ignored because they do not translate into audience numbers that the platform considers sustainable. I have altered the way I watch Netflix in response to many of these situations.

Along wait or a miniseries to power.

In the past, I watched a lot of what Netflix released during the first month of its content's availability on the platform, either through word of mouth, recommendations from coworkers at Espinof or Sensacine, or because I was swayed by the platform's evil algorithm. I finished a series and waited until the following year or the start of a new season.

I don't do that anymore. I generally only begin series when certain requirements are met:.

Miniseries. If someone recommends a series to me, I find out if it is a miniseries and if the series has been launched with a satisfying conclusion that can be enjoyed without having high expectations.

open-ended, nuanced series. I always find out the ending from those who have seen a series like "The Squid Game" or "The Snow Girl" before me. If they inform me or I learn that it has an open ending but is still enjoyable and that you can consider the series to be over even if it is canceled, as it was in those two instances, I will join whenever the proposal persuades me.

Already concluded the series. When I learn that something is well told and well closed, I frequently discover very good series that have already been completed. I don't mind arriving late because Netflix has "old" gems I haven't seen and it's a good opportunity to catch up. I've recently really enjoyed the fantastic "After Life," despite the fact that it doesn't fit a traditional profile.

Additionally, this method of consumption enables you to only subscribe when you have a ton of compelling content to watch rather than on a monthly basis.

The issue with this strategy is that there are an increasing number of series that could be miniseries or that are almost miniseries, but that ultimately contain a gap to open a second season if, at the viewing level, things work out for Netflix.

It is reasonable from a business perspective. Finding successful products is challenging, so if you have been able to attract 50 million users to your website, it makes sense that you would want to have content that fosters loyalty and encourages users to renew their subscriptions or sign up for new ones.

The previous approaches no longer work. Being the hero in the film, the one to bring back shows that other platforms and producers had canceled, is no longer useful. The issue even alters how new seasons of series are released. Splitting seasons into "Part 1" and "Part 2" releases over several months is not a last-minute decision, but it is almost the antithesis of Netflix in the sense of a platform for binge-watching.




genbeta 

Because of how frequently Netflix cancels shows, my opinion of the service has already changed. I use it in this manner to prevent disappointment.  Because of how frequently Netflix cancels shows, my opinion of the service has already changed. I use it in this manner to prevent disappointment. Reviewed by JLD on marzo 03, 2023 Rating: 5

No hay comentarios